If your kehilla is interested in participating in the proposed national health care initiative for USCJ members, you must send back two documents by March 3: the Employee Census and the Letter of Intent. Both of these were also sent to your kehilla in an email. We have created a number of ways for you to familiarize yourself with the plan and ask any questions you might have. You can read a detailed description of the plan here, as well as a series of FAQ's. To estimate the cost of the plan to your kehilla, use this workbook.
There is a health care hotline you can call with questions (201-377-3407) and three scheduled Webex discussions (see details below).
Review the Materials
- Familiarize yourself with the National Health Care Hotline number: 201-377-3407
- Carefully read all documents and prepare your questions for the WebEx discussions.
- Review the Letter of Intent.
- Download the Plan Cost Workbook and input your kehilla’s data to determine the estimated cost of the health plan for your congregation. Call the hotline if you have any problems while inputting data or call with any questions. You do not need to send in this form – it is for your information.
- Download and complete the Employee Census. (Yes, if you completed this form previously you do have to complete it again. If nothing has changed from your last submission, you can simply transfer the data to the new census form.)
- Review and sign the Letter of Intent.
- Send the Census and Letter of Intent to Frenkel Benefits. To do this, call 201-277-3407. You will receive instructions on submitting your data to a secure, encrypted web site that is unique to your congregation.
THE CENSUS DOCUMENT AND LETTER OF INTENT MUST BE RETURNED NO LATER THAN MARCH 3, 2014.