Sulam Leadership for Presidents
Save the dates! Sulam for Presidents 2015 will take place on March 19-22, 2015 at Pearlstone Retreat Center outside of Baltimore, MD, and on April 30-May 3, 2015 at the Holiday Inn in Palatine, IL.
To see photos from Sulam for Presidents, please go to Facebook.com/SulamLeadership.
Sulam for Presidents is a leadership training seminar for newly elected synagogue presidents and vice presidents likely to become president in the next two years. More than 1,200 kehilla leaders already have been trained and inspired by the dynamic Sulam program and its faculty.
In the Torah we are told that Jacob dreamed of a sulam - a ladder. Today, we see kehilla leadership as providing an opportunity for personal growth and communal vibrancy. Workshops and facilitated discussions focus on the core topics on every kehilla president’s agenda:
- Mission and vision
- Board development and delegation strategies
- The power and relevance of Conservative Judaism
- New ideas on membership engagement
- Cultivating volunteers
- Positive lay-professional teamwork
- Change management
- Fundraising and purposeful innovation
- Communication strategies
This transformative experience takes place over a four-day retreat that peaks as participants celebrate Shabbat with new friends and colleagues. Sulam also gives presidents and vice presidents the chance to network with and learn from their peers.
A sample schedule for Sulam for Presidents can be found here.
Take the first step up the ladder! Join us for a memorable and meaningful experience that will benefits you and your kehilla.
Next year, Sulam for Presidents will take place on the following dates:
- March 19-22, 2015 at the Pearlstone Retreat Center in Reiserstown, MD
- April 30-May 2, 2015 at the Holiday Inn in Palatine, IL
- Single Room: $850
- Double Room: $750 (We will assign a roommate.)
Early Bird Pricing is available! Register before January 27 (for Pearlstone) or before March 10 (for Palatine) to get $50 off your registration! Full payment is due 28 days prior to your participation in Sulam for Presidents.
After registering, you can pay here using the following buttons:
|$850 (single room)*
|$750 (double room with roommate)*
|$800 (single room early bird)*
|$700 (double room early bird)*
| *These prices include a $300 non-refundable deposit.
If you are interested in Sulam for Presidents but would rather not make full payment at this time, click below to pay a non-refundable $300 deposit. The full registration fee balance is due 28 days prior to your participation in Sulam for Presidents.
This amount will be deducted from your full Sulam cost.
For more information, please email email@example.com.
- Cancel prior to 21 days before Sulam for Presidents: cancellation fee $450 ($150 plus $300 non-refundable deposit).
- Cancel prior to 15 days before Sulam for Presidents: cancellation fee $500 ($200 plus $300 non-refundable deposit).
- Cancel less than 14 days before Sulam for Presidents: No refunds will be made for cancellations 14 days before the event.
"I didn't expect more than to have a good time with people and learn a couple of things about being board president and leadership development for the synagogue. But in fact, the first day we talked about everything I was struggling with and needed to do as incoming president, training the board, etc. Within the first six hours, we had touched on all of our synagogue's key issues; it was a pleasant surprise. Overall it was a great experience. I am comforted that my synagogue wasn’t the only one struggling with things."
– Ellen Cervantes, President, Shomrei Torah Synagogue, West Hills, CA