Sulam Leadership for Presidents
Sulam for Presidents 2014 will be held on March 6-9, 2014, at the Newark Hilton, and on March 27-30, 2014, at the Pearlstone Retreat Center in Reiserstown, MD. To register, see information below.
Early Bird Special! Pay by January 15, 2014, for the following prices:
- Single Room: $750
- Double Room: $650
To see photos from Sulam for Presidents, please go to Facebook.com/SulamLeadership.
Sulam for Presidents is a leadership training seminar for newly elected synagogue presidents and vice presidents likely to become president in the next two years. More than 1,200 kehilla leaders already have been trained and inspired by the dynamic Sulam program and its faculty.
In the Torah we are told that Jacob dreamed of a sulam - a ladder. Today, we see kehilla leadership as providing an opportunity for personal growth and communal vibrancy. Workshops and facilitated discussions focus on the core topics on every kehilla president’s agenda:
- Mission and vision
- Board development and delegation strategies
- The power and relevance of Conservative Judaism
- New ideas on membership engagement
- Cultivating volunteers
- Positive lay-professional teamwork
- Change management
- Fundraising and purposeful innovation
- Communication strategies
This transformative experience takes place over a 4 day retreat that peaks as participants celebrate Shabbat with new friends and colleagues. Sulam also gives presidents and vice presidents the chance to network with and learn from their peers.
A sample schedule for Sulam for Presidents can be found here.
Take the first step up the ladder! Join us for a memorable and meaningful experience that will benefits you and your kehilla.
Next year, Sulam for Presidents will take place on the following dates:
- March 6-9, 2014 at Newark Hilton in Newark, NJ
- March 27-30, 2014 at Pearlstone Retreat Center in Reiserstown, MD
- Single Room: $800
- Double Room: $700 (We will assign a roommate.)
"Sulam for Presidents is the best possible way to prepare for a unique job."
– Andrew B. Robins, Incoming President, Congregation Torat El; Oakhurst, NJ
After registering, you can pay here using the following buttons:
Please include a nonrefundable $300 deposit to confirm your reservation. Full payment is due 14 days prior to your SULAM.
For more information, please call Rabbi Charles Savenor at 212 533 7800 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cancel prior to 30 days before Sulam for Presidents: $150 cancellation fee.
- Cancel prior to 15 days before Sulam for Presidents: $200 cancellation fee.
- No refunds will be made for cancellations 14 days before the event.
"I didn't expect more than to have a good time with people and learn a couple of things about being board president and leadership development for the synagogue. But in fact, the first day we talked about everything I was struggling with and needed to do as incoming president, training the board, etc. Within the first six hours, we had touched on all of our synagogue's key issues; it was a pleasant surprise. Overall it was a great experience. I am comforted that my synagogue wasn’t the only one struggling with things."
– Ellen Cervantes, President, Shomrei Torah Synagogue, West Hills, CA